Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let's Get Physical

I love working out. I don't mean to sound like one of those crazy people who lives at the gym and does a million hours of cardio a week. But, I love it. I love the stress that is relieved, I love spending some time by myself, I love zoning out to some music or watching a movie on my iPod while I ride the bike or do some sit ups. It's nice to take some time, even if it's just thirty minutes, to myself. And it's nice to do something that's good for me.

We all talk about treating ourselves, whether it be to ice cream or that new pair of shoes. But, what if we treated ourselves to something that was actually good for us? The idea of treating myself to an hour at the gym starts out sounding a little weird and, trust me, there have been many more days that I didn't want to go than days that I did. But, once I get there it's great and I've never left regretting the work out.



We all know the physical benefits of excersise. It leads to a healthier life, it's good for your heart, it's helps keep the weight off, it makes you stronger, it produces endorphins, etc. But there are also benefits that reach all the way down into your soul. It is truly doing something for yourself. It is taking the time to be thankful for the body that you have been blessed with and treating it like the temple that it is. We get one body to walk through this life in, why not treat it as best as we possibly can?

No comments:

Post a Comment