Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friendship

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else." - Len Wein

I love my friends. That probably goes without saying, as most of us do. But my friends are the world to me and I stand by them.

I don't think you know how much someone means to you until they are tested before you. I stood up for two friends tonight, to someone I barely knew. I stood up for who they are as people and I have never been prouder. It would have been easy to just go along with what this person was saying about them. It would have been easy to talk about my friend behind her back or to agree that a friend was wrong when she wasn't. It would have been easy but it would have felt wrong in my soul.

I want friends who accept me for who I am and, in accepting, will stand by me. And I want people in my life that I can do the same for.

No comments:

Post a Comment